Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Strategy 9: It says, I say, And so

This strategy involves having the students list things stated in the article and having them use their own logic and judgment to decide whether or not that makes sense.  This would be good as it would help students to make sense of what they read without as much help from the teacher.  When I would go over this in class it would demonstrate for my students how to think through what they read.  I would demonstrate this and then require the students to do this for many of the articles that they read for a short period of time.  After I was confident that the students were showing good enough abilities at reading the articles critically then I would have them read articles without them having to do the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment