Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Strategy 8: Rereading

Music related texts can often seem very foreign, even to the most advanced students, due to the large amount of jargon utilized in the texts.  Even the most advanced students have to read the text over and over again to understand many parts, but struggling readers would not recognize the need to reread as readily as more advanced readers.

I would implement this strategy in my classroom by first demonstrating to the students why there is a need to reread the text and how to go about doing that for maximum learning.  I would then supervise the students reading an article in class and make sure that they were fully practicing what I had taught them.  I would then assign a reading for them to do at home that would require them to use this strategy to read it and would assess their learning when they returned the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment