Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Family Affair

My Grandfather was the first person in my family to go to college and get a bachelors degree.  He was always an avid writer.  He preferred writing letters to any other form of communication.  I can always expect at certain points during the year that I will receive a letter from my grandfather.  At the same time, this has always kept my writing skills up as I always send him back a letter.  I find it comforting almost to know that even though many people have lost the art of letter writing, that my grandfather and I continue correspondence through letters.

After my grandfather, my father and all of my uncles then went to college as well.  Therefore it was expected that my brother and I would at least complete our undergraduate education.  My mother's family is not as educated as my fathers.  While most of my cousins have at least attended some college, among the older generation only a few of my uncles have finished college.  My mother attended some college, but only has an associates degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment